Dr. Mertz has been associated with Ozark Orthopaedics in Rogers since 1990. He is a Board Certified orthopaedic surgeon. His special interests include knee and hip replacements, knee arthroscopy, rotator cuff shoulder repairs, carpal tunnel releases and general orthopaedic surgery.
A native of Corsicana, Texas, Dr. Mertz was inspired to become a physician by his father and his father's partner, who were physicians. He studied medicine at the University of Bordeaux Medical School in Bordeaux, France, and at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in Dallas, where he earned his medical degree. He completed an internship, as well as an orthopaedic residency, at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences in Little Rock.
Dr. Mertz and his wife, Andrea, have three daughters, Hannah, Bonnie and Lily. He is active in his church and enjoys doing short-term mission medicine.
Dr. Mertz's Educational Links
- University of Virginia
- BA, Biology, University of Texas, Austin, 1973
- Bordeaux Medical School, Bordeaux, France
- MD, University of Texas Medical School, 1980
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 1980-81
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Orthopaedic Residency, 1981-85
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery