Trauma & Fracture Care
If you suffer a serious fracture or traumatic injuries, you can count on our orthopaedic surgeons, specially educated in trauma care.
Orthopaedic surgeons with fellowship training in trauma care are part of surgical teams at one of the busiest emergency rooms in the state. They are specially educated to respond to emergencies, repairing fractures and other traumatic injuries with advanced surgical techniques.
They care for the most serious traumatic accidents, including motor vehicle accidents, work-related accidents and falls. They perform bone reconstruction and complex surgeries to repair:
- Fractures that cross from a bone into the surface of the joint, called intraarticular fractures
- Fractures of the long bones in the arms and legs
- Fractures with significant soft tissue injury
- Fractures of the femur bone in the leg that require intramedullary rod fixation
They also are skilled at treating complications or continuing problems from previous trauma (including nonunion, malunions, infections, post-traumatic arthritis and leg length discrepancies). Care and long-term follow-up is often coordinated with surgeons from other specialties.
- Five Convenient Locations
- Sixteen board certified and eligible on staff physicians
- On-site MRI Services